While I’m working on other projects, it’s always nice to have a render running in the background. That, and might as well have the computer do something while I’m sleeping.
For this next one, I wanted to go wth something sci-fi. Maybe a cyborg or something.
I dropped in Victoria 6 and added some sci-fi living quarters.
I added some lights, some depth-of-field, and gave it a test render.
That looks really good, but it needs a little more. I gave genesis some body piercings and set about creating a robot arm. The Bot Genesis props that I have don’t work on Genesis 2, so I’ll have to improvise. I dropped in Stephanie 5 and gave her a robot hand.
I then hid Victoris’s hand and the rest of Stephanie.
I then slide Stephanie over until she was lined up with Victoria.
I then gave it a test render. I’m really liking the body piercings.
But I wasn’t happy with the results. I really wanted to do the whole arm, but no matter what I tried, I just couldn’t get the two models to play nice. I decided to plunk the money down and pick up the Genesis 2 Bot Armor upgrade for Victoria 6.
So much better!
These props aren’t Iray-ready, so I had to apply my own materials. I think it came out pretty good looking. However, you’ll immediately notice another problem. The shoulder doesn’t really have a good looking seam when it’s used by itself.
I’m going to have to fix it in post. For that, I rendered out another one without the robot arm.
I then layered the two renders in Pixelmator and got to work on removing the parts that I didn’t want.
That looks so much better. Now it really looks like that arm is bolted on and embedded within her shoulder.
I then added a slight vignette and it was a wrap.